This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
A member of the preconstruction/estimating team is responsible for preparing sections of schematic, design development and construction document estimates including soliciting and evaluating subcontractor bids, and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, reviewing project plans and specifications for all CSI (Construction Specific Institute) categories of work.
* Estimating Learns to performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for some CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents).
* Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team s assistance.
* Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
* Solicits subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
* Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
* Develops unit costs accurately.
* Performs technical/plan review when required.
* Indentifies conflicts or problems, and forwards to senior members for appropriate solutions.
* Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources.
* Develops ability to assess takeoff workload.
* Learns to become proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. MC2, On-Screen Takeoff, Paydirt, Constructware, and SqFt).
* Constantly strives to improve individual capabilities, performance and expand knowledge of construction technologies and techniques.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
* Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development through on-thejob training, attends preconstructions /operations classroom training programs, participates in software training, seminars and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
* Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Core Values
* Band Specific
* Focus on Excellence
* Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
* Respect & Value Others
* Thinking Skills
* Results Driven
* Establish Priorities
* Interpersonal Sensitivity
* Customer Focus
* Mindful of Risk & Safety
* Listen, Watch, Learn
* Functional Excellence * For key definitions, refer to the Leadership Framework.
* The majority of the work is completed in an office setting at the Division s main office.
* Periodic meetings at off-site locations may occur.
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position. Entry level graduate with 0 to 2 years of experience preferred, or progressive construction related trade experience. Internship(s) or Coops with a construction company is desired.
* Knowledgeable in some or all of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, and email.
* Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
* Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now