This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEstimator - Substation
QP - Portland, ME
Do you have a good head for pulling together data and numbers Do you thrive working with a varied amount of projects and a dynamic team environment Are you organized and customer oriented An exciting opportunity as an Estimator in Greater Portland, ME may be the job for you!
QP, founded over 90 yrs ago, is among the oldest, largest, and most experienced electricalcontractors in New England, delivering quality electricalconstruction for diverse utility and commercial projects.
Why should you apply to be a Substation Estimator for QP Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Substation Estimators have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance a 401K, and more!
If you were to ask our Estimators why they like working for QP, chances are they would say, "The diverse mix of people & projects." From the projects we're engaged in around the nation, to the people we hire and work with, our employees are exposed to a variety of environments, situations and people - all factors that ultimately help each and every one of us to grow both personally and professionally.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
SUBSTATION ESTIMATOR DUTIES:
* Prepare complete cost estimates for substation construction projects
* Understand and monitor program of work to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
* Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders
* Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
* Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
* Follow-up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
SUBSTATION ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
* Candidate must possess experience in understanding blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
* 5years or more of experience in the utility industry and/or possessing estimating knowledge of substation projects is preferred
* Ability to prepare constructionschedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
* Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred
* Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish