This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Are you a numbers guru? Do you love the thrill of putting together bids, being competitive and finding out how closely you matched the actual cost of the project? Then the Estimator opportunity in Marshalltown, IA may just be for you!
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation. Why should you apply to be am Estimator for The L.E. Myers Co.? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Regional Estimators have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance, a 401K and more! Salary is commensurate upon experience.
If you were to ask our Estimators across the country why they like working for The L.E. Myers Co, chances are they would say, whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at The L.E. Myers Co. This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
What are you waiting for? Come build yourself with us!
Estimator for projects involving transmission line, distribution line and substation electrical construction. The estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability and growth. Position will require travel to the field for site walk through, bid and customer meetings. Estimated travel is around 35%. Position is based in Marshalltown, IA.
* Preparation of complete cost estimates (labor and material) for electrical transmission line, distribution line, and substation projects
* Close coordination with Project Management
* Preparation of bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Additional duties as determined by Operations
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* Prior experience as an estimator or supporting estimating in new construction, maintenance and retrofit projects within electrical construction helpful, but not required
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to the electrical work
* Ability to think practical and problem solve
* Computer literate and proficient with software such as Microsoft Office applications to include Word and Excel. Estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent preferred.
* Associates Degree (minimum)in Electrical Engineering, Construction, Mathematics, or related field strongly preferred
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player and able to work with various partners from start to finish
* Ability to travel to job sites, customer and bid meetings
* Self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.