This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONInstrumental in the bidding process, our Senior Estimator at North American Roofing provides Sales Reps with accurate cost estimates for a wide variety of single ply commercial roofing projects throughout the US. Our Estimators become product knowledge experts on the roofing systems we represent. Great collaborative team environment where sharing information and expertise is encouraged.
You'll spend your day producing one to two estimates using our proprietary estimating system. Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of the construction process, have commercial roofing knowledge and be able to mentor as needed. Experience using Microsoft Excel is required.
HERE ARE A FEW DUTIES OUR SENIOR ESTIMATOR WOULD PERFORM EACH DAY:
* Preparing estimates in prearranged time schedule specific for each job
* Tracking change orders for ongoing jobs
* Contacting vendors for current pricing
* Contacting manufacturers for special requirements for various materials
* Maintaining in-depth knowledge of each specifications and requirement for specific jobs
* Advising new Estimators
* Access to a comprehensive healthcare plan that includes medical, vision and dental plans
* Short and Long Term Disability Plans 100% employer paid
* 401(k) Savings Plan with an employer match
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* Holiday Pay
* Paid Time Off
* Career Development Programs and Training
* Opportunity to participate in community charitable events
* Our new Tampa office has a great wellness center and walking trails
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
* 5+ years construction estimating experience preferred
* Strong organizational skills needed
* Sharp written communication skills needed in drafting proposals
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must be able to prioritize and move projects forward in a timely manner
* Ability to speak Spanish is helpful