Estimator / Theme Park
Career Choice, Inc. an Executive Search Firm in the hospitality industry and all about communication and relationships!
We open the door to new relationships in line with your career desires we listen to your career plans, expectations, goals and direction. Then we discuss the career opportunities that fit your criteria.
What we look for . . . Top Talent Players that are strategic in their approach to career growth with a solid track record.
In the information age, it is people that still run the business. Let's use communication to build that relationship, because it is about people and it starts with you and me.
OUR CURRENT SEARCH
LOCATION: Orlando, Florida
SALARY: 103K plus Full Benefits, 401K and perks
CLIENT COMPANY DETAILS
Our client is based in the theme park and resort capital of the world, Orlando, FL. It is home base for the design and development of all the resort and themed entertainment projects globally. This is an exciting time for growth
The team is an eclectic group of talented people in Product Design, Animation, Engineering, Film and TV Production, Toy Design, Financial Planning, Construction, Architecture, Law, Business, and Theatre Design, to name a few.
To be successful they rely on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity - that do not let ego and area stand in the way of excellence and creativity.
DOES THIS SOUND INTERESTING TO YOU Read on . . . Then call us.
* Generate initial project budget estimates, update estimates during the design phases to ensure the project is tracking on budget.
* Negotiate the changes to the work during the construction/installation phase.
* Compile post-mortem cost summaries of the project.
* Generate initial budget estimates for new projects including estimate refinements.
* Develop estimates for all changes to the work during the construction/installation phases.
* Update project estimates throughout the design phases including but not limited to Blue Sky, concept, schematic, design development and construction document phases. Includes working with project teams in various cities and countries.
* Develop and maintain a database of costs comparison for various attractions and non-attraction facilities.
* Create "value engineering" components with the project team to mitigate cost overruns.
* Research and present alternate materials or methodology for VE consideration.
* Compile overall project summaries on cost at the conclusion of the project.
* Associate's Degree or technical school required
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or quantity surveying preferred.
* 5-7Years on-site construction and estimating experience on themed entertainment projects.
* Knowledge of show and ride estimating and facility impacts required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.