Ethics and Compliance Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
West Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01331-3179
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Days, Full-time
JFK Medical Center North Campus and Florida Outpatient Imaging
West Palm Beach, FL
JFK Medical Center North Campus, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK Medical Center North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
JFK NORTH has been named one of the nation s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 14% of the nation s hospitals receive this honor. Additionally, our stroke program holds a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission and has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award." These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER NORTH CAMPUS is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
Reporting to the hospital CEO and the VP Outpatient Imaging, the Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO) contributes to the Company's mission and vision by planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining Division-wide compliance programs, policies and procedures as well as coordinating internal assessment initiatives.
* Provide guidance to facility entities regarding established corporate-wide compliance program, policies and procedures to ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and other governmental requirements as appropriate
* Oversee the confidential hotline reporting mechanism
* Assist in the development of compliance related policies and procedures as needed
* Manage Ethics and Compliance employee orientation and refresher training
* Investigate compliance related complaints and concerns, including but not limited to internal and external ethics cases, HIPAA/HITECH violations, controlled substance discrepancies, and ADA complaints
* Ensure the implementation of compliance training requirements for employees (i.e. Code of Conduct Training, EMTALA, Billing, Coding, Physician Relationships)
* Communicate with other ECOs to ensure awareness of emerging risks, new compliance initiatives, and policies
* Assist in the resolution of major compliance related issues and/or compliance efforts
For more information contact Elizabeth.Flader@HCAHealthcare.com.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major field of study in clinical health care, Health Services Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, Master s Degree preferred
* 3+ years experience in health care coding, billing, regulatory compliance, internal audit and/or financial management is required
* Hospital and imaging services related experience strongly preferred
* Understanding of health care billing operations, including laws and regulations by various agencies is preferred
* Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning skills, and problem solving skills
* Ability to lead organization through change management processes
* Must exhibit high levels of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness, team orientation, and self-motivation
Last Edited: 09/26/2016