This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PTC Company Description
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way companies create, operate, and service products. With PTC technology, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
USA-San Diego (Vuforia)
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
Are you passionate about augmented reality and virtual reality? Do you have what it takes to work with the best in brightest minds in the world? Do you get excited about solving ridiculously hard problems? If so, we want to meet you.
We are an incredibly hard working team within PTC that is ushering in the era of augmented reality. By making AR extremely easy for developers, Vuforia has become the world's leading augmented reality software platform. The Vuforia ecosystem now includes more than 250,000 developers who have developed more than 30,000 applications for phones, tablets, VR Viewers, and a whole new generation of digital eyewear. They are building new experiences that change the way we learn, play, shop and work.
We have offices in some of the most beautiful cities in the world, including San Diego, CA; Vienna, Austria; Cambridge, UK; Zurich, Switzerland; and Modi in Israel. In addition to the great scenery, PTC also has competitive benefits packages, and we do our best to play as hard as we work.
You are passionate about cutting edge technology, APIs and particular on gaming, graphics, VR and AR. You are looking for an exciting role that will allow you to combine your technical insight with your communication skills and love for apps, games and content development. Your role at Vuforia is to engage with the broad community of developers, industry groups and other influential individuals to show them what's possible with Vuforia. You will work in close collaboration with the Vuforia s engineering, product and business teams globally. Expect 10%+ of your role to involve travel to customer sites, industry events and seminars with developers.
Win the hearts of our developers and customers. Your main focus will be to engage and build relationships with the developer community with both existing and prospective customers. This means that you deliver articulate, effective presentations, documentation and demos with technical content to small and large audiences. In other words, your job is to win the hearts of developers, and customers by helping them realize the full value of Vuforia.
Your responsibilities include
* Running, organizing, and attending conferences and other events throughout the world
* Providing technical presentations and technology demos at trade shows and on customer
* Producing collateral and content (e.g. technical guide, blog posts, example apps, videos, tutorials, tweets) to increase the vitality of Vuforia in the AR/VR world
* Providing customer support via email, phone and in person to key accounts as well as on forums and groups.
* Technically consulting with developers who are planning to use AR/VR for their apps, and games
* Helping developers conceptualize, design and build AR/VR projects and products
* Building long-term relationships with technical decision makers and influences within key accounts
* Providing product development recommendations and technical data to Vuforia s product development teams as a strong internal advocate for our customers, and developers
* Being an effective liaison between evangelism and product/engineering, offering a local touch to our customers and rationalized feedback to our product development processes
* Inspiring developers to unleash VR/AR experiences.
Technical insight and infectious enthusiasm
You are an experienced and passionate developer with a focus on development for AR/VR. This has given you solid content and application development abilities in developer environments such as Unity, Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio, as well as a good understanding of different hardware architectures. You are the sort of person who enjoys sharing the latest and greatest sites on the web and explaining to others how things work. You have a track record of inspiring people through social media, technical articles, seminars, etc. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills also enable you to work with partners remotely. Being part of a fast paced environment is in line with your effective and thorough work method, and you thrive in a diverse atmosphere that requires you to work across cultural, disciplinary and geographical borders. Finally, you are known for your high spirits and your sincere interest in solving problems and providing high quality service.
You will become part of a great team in a company that is as laid-back as it is ambitious, and your initiatives and ideas will be more than welcome.
Look forward to a job with amazing degree of external and internal contacts -- and a unique chance to influence the industry, the company, your role and everyday life.
You are a resourceful, energetic, motivated self-starter with the following qualifications:
* 2 to 5 years of experience, with a Technical degree and a strong interest in application/game/content development, and evangelism
* Attention to detail and excellent writing, and presentation skills
* Excellent communications skills and an ability to work efficiently with geographically dispersed teams
* Interest in technology and an ability to learn quickly new tools and new products
* Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to multi-task
* Familiarity with Enterprise software products is a plus
* Familiarity with the agile product development practices
* Experience documenting PLM and enterprise software products
Job Req Number
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
* Customer Success
* Innovation & Empowerment
* Integrity & Professionalism
* Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
* Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Healthcare and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off and Sick Time
* Birthday Day-off
* Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
* Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Program
* Management and Employee Training Development
* Other Regional-specific Benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.