This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
* Train, supervise and evaluate library staff and student workers.
* Assess, develop and maintain the campus library collection.
* Catalog and classify new library resources.
* Maintain and report campus library usage statistics.
* Provide instruction and support for library users in all areas of the library, including print collections, electronic resources and library services.
* Chair the campus library committee; partner with faculty to develop and improve library services, instruction, and collection development.
* Promote library services to students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Master s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
* At least 3 years of library experience, preferably in an academic library environment.
* Ability to work evening hours and some weekend hours. Core hours would be 4:30 - 9:30pm.
* Knowledge of library automation systems and Microsoft computer applications.
* Knowledge of MARC record management, Dewey Decimal Classification.
* Proficiency with online library catalogs and library databases (including Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest products).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work flow.
* Enjoy helping others.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Familiarity with MS Office.
* Detail oriented.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.