This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
The Evening Librarian independently manages the daily operations of the campus library including reference, library instruction and circulation. Evening Librarians work closely with faculty and students providing library instruction and support services in a technology focused environment.
* Train, supervise and evaluate library staff and student workers.
* Assess, develop and maintain the campus library collection.
* Catalog and classify new library resources.
* Maintain and report campus library usage statistics.
* Provide instruction and support for library users in all areas of the library, including print collections, electronic resources and library services.
* Chair the campus library committee; partner with faculty to develop and improve library services, instruction, and collection development.
* Promote library services to students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Master s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
* At least 3 years of library experience, preferably in an academic library environment.
* Ability to work evening hours and some weekend hours.
* Knowledge of library automation systems and Microsoft computer applications.
* Knowledge of MARC record management, Dewey Decimal Classification.
* Proficiency with online library catalogs and library databases (including Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest products).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work flow.
* Enjoy helping others.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Familiarity with MS Office.
* Detail oriented.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.