This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/27/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Events Coordinator candidates to support Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located at Bethesda Maryland.
* Plans and coordinates educational activities, seminars, meetings, conferences, vendor events, tours, and research symposia for the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) Department of Simulation and the National Capital Region Simulation Consortium.
* Reviews requirements and makes recommendations for planning for proposed event arrangements. Arranges use of facilities, coordinates participation of personnel and provides for the services for dignitaries and coordination through the Public Affairs Office, as necessary. Provides attendance rosters, information data sheets or informational briefings to keep Services Chiefs and Medical Director(s) up to date.
* Assists with the scheduling of simulation training rooms both within the Department of Simulation, hospital, and affiliated sites through collaborative efforts across the National Capital Region Simulation Consortium.
* Makes recommendations for resolution of problems and works out solution with other participants. Resolves scheduling conflicts, and provides recommendations on the various aspects associated with visits, conferences, seminars, or meetings including transportation, lodging, catering, and interpretation/translation requirements. Coordinates administrative matters such as ensuring event organizer obtains security clearances, base access, protocol considerations, provisions of escort as required.
* Assists in establishing procedures for the effective handling of high-level military (i.e., General Officers), civilian dignitaries (i.e., SES personnel, Congressional representatives), and other officials visiting the National Capital Region. Coordinates closely with the installation s Protocol Office and Public Affairs Office when receiving visits from high level dignitaries. Ensures the honors and courtesies commensurate with the visitor's military rank, nation of origin, or comparable civilian grade.
* Keeps supervisor, Service Chiefs, and Department Leadership informed of status of official visitors and arrangements in progress and any changes that would affect visitor(s) control or event execution.
* Manages testing appointment schedule for all formal testing processes to include Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery Testing and Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Testing
* Responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or Event Planning/Coordination
* Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and fluent in English
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
* Ability to multi-task and solve problems in a fast paced environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Clearance: NACI
* Must be US Citizen
* 2-5 years experience as an events coordinator or executive assistant for Executive leadership.
* Experience working within a military environment (Preferred)