Exec Sous Chef
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Executive Sous Chef has an overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized.
* Responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
* To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
* Advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
* Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
* To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
* Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
* To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
* Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
* Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
* Customer Service, prior admin experience preferred.
* Associates degree or higher preferred in Culinary Arts.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs, Excellent organizational skills
* Clear, positive, energetic communication skills.
* Minimum 5 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef level management position of a 4 star establishment or higher.
* Serve Safe certified food manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: