Senior Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Senior Administrative Assistant to support the VP, Sales and Marketing . The ideal candidate will be professional but personable, highly detailed-oriented, organized, able to multi task at several levels, proactive, able to take initiative, have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), able to show poise under stress, and bring a positive attitude that works both individually and in a team environment. The ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail in an ever changing environment is essential to being successful in this position. Also, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to represent the Sales and Marketing department professionally in a way that is consistent with GHI culture (mutual respect, support and accountability). Strong focus on event planning throughout the duration of this assignment.
* Provide single point of contact for department head
* Manage calendar for department heads
* Manage expense reports for department heads and direct reports
* Organize department lunches and high profile customer visit
* Main point of contact/support for Field Sales Managers for the Breast Product Line to include update & maintenance of the Field Roster
* Provide support in logistical arrangement for Area Sales Meetings
* Coordinate completion and administration of vendor, consulting, confidentiality, fee-for-service and other agreements with Legal, Accounting/Purchasing departments
* Conduct routine office administration activities including, but not limited to: departmental document filing and retention, copying and distribution, attendance, supplies, departmental telephone coverage, business machine maintenance, internal and external correspondence and mailings, personnel administrative processes and filing, subscriptions and publications, participation in any hotline activities
* As requested, schedule and coordinate departmental client or interviewee personnel travel.
* Organize orientation and serve as point of contact for new hires as related to administrative policies and procedures (run the mentorship program) Communications
* Maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all internal and external audiences
* Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to personnel, salaries and any sensitive areas, at all times
* Conduct professional, friendly and courteous personal communications with all internal and external audiences
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with other Assistants within the Department
* Minimum of five years of experience supporting at the executive level
* High school diploma required, BA or BS preferred
* experience supporting Sales, Marketing or Commercial highly desired
* Experience in biotech, pharma, medical device or life science industry highly desired
* Ability to convey verbal and written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis
* Well organized & detail oriented in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
* Excellent working Knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint
* Proficiency in organizing Webinars or other online meetings and event
* Basic Excel skills
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
* May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.