Executive Architect - Application Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Summary
Accountable for solutions design and review for large, complex bids within Application Services area resulting in high-scoring, cost-effective technical proposals. Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problem faced by client and benefits available from company solutions and services. Translates customer requirements into operational strategies associated with each solution and offering to ensure client needs are met in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Provides direct enterprise architecture design and support for strategic captures. Designs, develops and oversees system architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities. Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the system architecture. Ensures conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system. Develops systems and system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Leads design reviews. Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development. Drives the development of technical and management solutions on large complex proposals in the Application Services area.
* As industry and market expert, develops and drives large, multiple and/or highly complex business solutions for targeted/assigned customers. Provides in-depth solutions architecture capability based on specific customer's business needs. Oversees holistic solutions from both business and technical perspective, taking into account all realities and constraints such as costs, contract terms, business conditions and the technical environment of the client.
* Provides leadership and strategic guidance with pursuit teams during the solution development process to ensure alignment with overall company sales and client business strategy. Develops high-level technical operating strategies and solutions, and benefits. Analyzes stakeholders, identifies and recognizes prospect traits and determines how to effectively influence their decision.
* Delivers and sells the technical solution strategy and vision to senior client executives ensuring the solution embodies company win themes and key differentiators while meeting client expectations and requirements thereby providing company the best chance to compete and win.
* Maintains current and applicable knowledge of industry, market and IT (information technology) services best practices and trends as well as alliances to evaluate and ensure company solutions and services are meeting the needs of clients. Leverages partner solutions to continuously find ways to solve customer needs. Provides recommendations to offering organization on new offerings, upgrades/augmentation to enhance corporate competency in meeting the needs of customers.
* Mentors and provides technical expertise to less experienced solutions architects and other IT personnel.
Qualifications A Master's degree in computer science, information system or other IT related field required or equivalent experience.
* 15 years experience with multiple roles in Solutions and Services management and complementary experiences in Market management and strategic planning recommended.
* Demonstrated success in developing winning technical solutions and proposals for large, complex federal government bids.
* Ten or more years of application services solutions experience, including software development, system integration, data management and mobility
* Experience working with software company products and services, business processes, sales, marketing and portfolio solutions
* Experience working with business environment, business industry and competitor products and software development and application services
* Strong consulting and communication skills to communicate with customers, functional staff, sales, BD, marketing, solutions and management
* Strong skills at managing risks and software estimation methodologies
* Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, and reward employees
* Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
Ability to lead and work in a team environment
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Company Information Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.