This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OPPORTUNITY
JOB ID 2979345 DATE POSTED 09/08/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Provides executive level office and administrative support to the Vice President of Finance in a professional, efficient and confidential manner. This is a highly interactive position requiring excellent customer service skills, initiative, and follow- through. Typical tasks and projects will include coordinating schedules and meetings; coordinating executive correspondence and communication with donors, medical providers, field leaders, political supporters, press contacts, and other stakeholders; conducting online and other types of research; managing travel arrangements; and providing support for presentations and events (developing presentations, mailing materials, etc.).
* Provide executive secretarial support to SVP Finance, CFO including, but not limited to: scheduling appointments, scheduling meetings, preparing documents, creating reports, spreadsheets, presentation slides or other information requested.
* Compose high level correspondence and memoranda independently and with professional quality.
* Edit and proofread all written materials and verifies the validity of data and documents contained in all reports prior to submission.
* Maintain SVP s calendar up-to-date; coordinate vacation, schedule meetings and appointments with particular attention to preventing scheduling conflicts.
* Serve as primary administrative and scheduling contact with the President/CEO s office.
* Make registration and travel arrangements; provide written itineraries for all travel plans.
* Prepare information packages and agenda for meetings, and distribute to all participants.
* Record and distribute meeting notes, as required. Ensure that minutes and other written documents are accurate and professional.
* Analyze, categorize, prioritize and distribute mail. May initiate responses forSVP s review and/or complete and send out responses on his/her behalf, as per established protocols.
* Perform office management functions such as dealing with external vendors, ordering supplies, coordinating with on campus departments regarding logistical matters and other items as determined by the SVP.
* Assist in coordination of logistics for three trustee level committees. Plan, organize and coordinate departmental meetings or special events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage when needed, and ensuring vendor payment. Set up room and audio-visual equipment (conference call if necessary, projector, etc.). .Coordinate, track workflow, schedules, projects and committee decisions.
* Provide follow up on meeting-generated tasks. Assure that all messages are current and consistent in all communications including: donor thank you letters, emails, brochures, website and other written materials.
* Maintain departmental files, manuals and records. Handle telephone calls in a professional, courteous speaking manner; determine nature and urgency of all calls and initiate appropriate disposition or refer to the appropriate party.
* Attend and participate in meetings and training as required. Deal discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, donor and hospital matters. In close coordination with the VP, assist with monitoring the departmental budget and account balances, and in documenting all variances.
* Act as a liaison with internal and external customers to ensure efficient communications.
* Provide research and administrative support for special projects, conduct online and other types of research; prepare data and follow-up on projects.
* Manage competing demands and tasks when there is a shift in priorities or unexpected circumstances. This may include but is not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, providing coverage for other areas, adjusting assignments, etc. Utilize hospital s behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department and the hospital s mission and goals.
* Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures. Perform other duties as determined by the SVP