Executive Assistant, Global Business Development & Alliance Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Executive Assistant, Global Business Development & Alliance Management
This position provides advanced administrative and business operations support to the Global Business Development & Alliance Management team. Proactively plan for and execute on all of the administrative needs of the office; providing the highest quality of flawless administrative support with the utmost professionalism, engagement and confidentiality. Act as a representative of the department always presenting with the highest level of engagement, professionalism, courtesy and customer service becoming a trusted member of the team as well as the broader organization.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide administrative support in all interactions with global and local colleagues
* Work closely with other functions to ensure the department has what is needed to operate at the highest level of efficiency (i.e., interface with IS for fully functioning and up to date technology and equipment, etc.).
* Independently provide the most complex administrative support and project coordination for the Global Business Development & Alliance Management team showing a high level of appropriately independent administrative decision making in order to keep initiatives moving.
* Develop and maintain highly useful and efficient administrative systems, reports and formats.
* Understand the scope and content of ongoing initiatives and programs that the company is involved with in order to provide the utmost proactive service, information for follow up, etc.
* Apply superior critical thinking skills to screening of routine and highly confidential incoming mail, E-mail, telephone calls and messages.
* Track important documents for signatures in a timely and efficient manner and deliver to appropriate party
* Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system, which is linked to computer network filing structure for ease of use by appropriate parties.
* Schedule and maintain daily calendars
* Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic.
* Coordinate and schedule onsite and offsite meetings. Manage all logistical details in collaboration with internal colleagues and external vendors.
* Process invoices, prepare purchase requisition, and assist with budget tracking for projects.
* Order all office and kitchen supplies.
* Monitor incoming calls providing a level of screening that allows appropriate assignment of certain requests and tasks to others in the function.
* Other administrative responsibilities as required
* All other duties as assigned
* College degree a plus
* Bilingual a plus
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 5 plus years of related professional experience supporting senior-level management
* Proven experience and examples of developing and maintaining relationships across functions
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Operating knowledge of SAP preferred
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Professional and pleasant demeanor.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills and an ability to translate information into succinct and impactful messages.
* High team orientation. Aptitude in fostering mutual trust and respect.
* Ability to use critical thinking as well as intricate knowledge of the operation of the function to independently set priorities and make appropriate levels of decisions.
* Strong organizational skills: ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments, attention to detail and follow-through.
* High degree of versatility with an ability to meet challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive.
* Collaborative work style.
* Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic.
* Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment.
* Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect.
* Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests.
* Overtime may be required.
EMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.