Executive Assistant to SVP, Biopharma Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono s commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
Purpose of the Role
This position provides advanced administrative and business operations support to the Head of Biopharma Quality (MBQ) and may support others as assigned. Proactively plan for and execute on all of the assigned managers administrative needs; providing the highest quality of flawless administrative support with the utmost professionalism and highest customer service, engagement and confidentiality. Serve as coordinating lead for global, divisional MBQ administrative activities. Act as the voice and face of the team always presenting with the highest level of engagement, professionalism, courtesy and customer service becoming a trusted member of the function as well as the broader organization.
Internal within EMD Serono
* All employee locally and internationally at all levels in the organization
External to EMD Serono
* All incoming calls and visitors to the department including candidates and vendors
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Independently provide the most complex administrative support and project coordination showing a high level of appropriately independent decision making in order to keep initiatives moving
* Provide advanced administrative support in all interactions with global and local colleagues
* Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic.
* Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings and others as assigned. Manage all logistical details in collaboration with internal colleagues and external vendors.
* Process expense reports. Maintain SAP system and certain budget approval items.
* Schedule and maintain daily calendars.
* Work closely with other functions to ensure the department has what it needs to operate at the highest level of efficiency (i.e., inter-faces with Facilities to manage space, IS for fully functioning and up to date technology and equipment).
* Manage numerous important cross functional as well as global meetings, create agendas, consolidate presentations, action items, send follow-up communications and deliverables as well as have an active voice in the meetings.
* Serve as MBQ EVA Homepage administrator by managing and controlling content
* Maintain continuity of administrative functions across major MBQ divisional hubs through routine Administrative Assistant coordination meetings
* Ensure the tracking of all deadlines for assigned managers in order to guarantee timely delivery of all projects, presentations, reports, etc.
* Understand the scope and content of ongoing initiatives and programs that the executives are involved in (i.e. Global Teams) in order to provide the utmost proactive service.
* Apply superior critical thinking skills to screening of routine and highly confidential incoming mail, E-mail, telephone calls and messages. Organize material by priority and subject, providing summaries. Provide responses within scope of role or when requested
* Track important documents for signature in a timely and efficient manner and deliver to appropriate party.
* Maintain budget including processing invoices, preparing purchase requisition, tracking and long-term forecasting.
* Order all office supplies and maintain supply closet
* Monitor incoming calls providing a level of screening that allows appropriate assignment of certain requests and tasks to others in the function.
* All other duties as assigned.
Candidate s Profile
* College degree required
* Bilingual a plus
Professional Skills and Experience
* Minimum 7 plus years of related professional experience supporting senior-level management
* Management of others or proven leadership without traditional authority a plus
* High Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Operating knowledge of SAP
* Ability to work in intense, fast paced, matrixed, multinational work environment
Personal Skills & Competencies
* Professional and pleasant demeanor
* High customer service mentality
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
* High team orientation
* Ability to develop and utilize professional networks as well as thrive in an organization which is geographically dispersed
* Strong organizational skills
* Attention to detail and follow-through a must
* Effectively achieve tasks through geographically dispersed team members
* Ability to lead other assistants
* Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
* Ability to use critical thinking as well as intricate knowledge of the operation of the function to independently set priorities
* Proven experience and examples of developing and maintaining relationships across functions
* Must be able to travel locally and globally for up to a week at a time
* Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests
* Overtime will be required
* Normal and routine office duties
* Travel Requirements: 5-10%
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.