Executive Assistant to VP Core Storage Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
We have an opportunity for an experienced, detail-oriented self-starter to provide world-class executive administrative support to the VP Core Storage Engineering. The candidate must be well-organized, proactive, and a team player with strong executive presence, interpersonal and communication skills. The individual should have the ability to operate well in a fast paced environment and must possess the ability to adjust priorities based on criticality, importance, and the dynamic needs of the business. The individual must be flexible to the schedule and needs of a leader who also operates at a fast pace, who is actively involved in engineering operations, and who looks to maximize time spent in and out of the office,
You will provide a wide variety of support which may include research and data analysis tasks, preparation of reports and recommendations, and coordination between departments and outside parties. To be successful you will have strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; analytical abilities in order to gather, organize, summarize and report information; and strict attention to detail in creating communications and presentations.
- Work closely with Executives and Directors on issues/projects of a highly confidential nature related to employee information, legal matters, and company information; maintain strict confidentiality.
- Coordinate and prepare materials including presentations for meetings both internal and external.
- Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Arrange complex and detailed global travel plans and itineraries compile documents for travel-related meetings for the Senior Vice President.
- Act as the project and logistic manager for annual executive offsite and Global department meetings.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
- Schedule calls and meetings.
- Organize programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating presenters and controlling event budget.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
-Work on problems of diverse scope where both analysis of data and judgment is required
Adaptability in creating order amidst the dynamic fast paced environment
Anticipates the needs of the VP and initiates action with limited direction
Ability to exercise quick and accurate judgment and maintain confidentiality
Provides clear and consistent expectations with concise and timely communication to VP direct reports and support staff
Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature which require in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedure
Work effectively as a team player, partnering well with peers and members of the broader organization
Ability to get things done
Extensive travel planning and coordination, including complex calendaring and scheduling with attention to detail.
Ability to display a consistent, professional, helpful attitude regardless of the situation
Ability to follow corporate processes to manage travel, and other expense reports
Collect and prepare information for use in discussions / meetings of senior leadership team and other outside executives
Event planning to include support for large meetings, off-sites and team motivation events
Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
Ability to identify business issues and coordinate an appropriate response with the key stakeholders
Self-starter who can operate independently and move quickly from one task to another; creative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with employees of all levels within and outside the company as well as customers, vendors and visitors.
- Strict attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
Minimum 6+ years of executive administrative experience.
A Bachelor Degree is preferred.
Proficiency with office productivity and collaboration tools
Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple complex administrative projects..
General & Administration
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.