Executive Director, Audience Data Monetization
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Vox Media Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONVox Media is one of the fastest growing media companies today, combining the best content, technology, and distribution capabilities to connect with an audience of 170mm people each month who rely on us for a modern, intelligent take on the world around them. We're solving the problem of developing high-value digital journalism, storytelling, and brand advertising at scale. Simply put, we create smart media brands for smart audiences.
Vox Media is News (Vox.com), Technology & Culture (The Verge), Sports (SB Nation), Gaming (Polygon), Food and Nightlife (Eater), Fashion and Shopping (Racked), Architecture and Interior Design (Curbed), and Technology & Media (Re/code).
The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF AUDIENCE DATA MONETIZATION will be an integral part of the Revenue Product and Operations group, reporting directly to the VP and responsible for media strategy, product packaging/pricing, around all aspects of audience insight and monetization, across all Vox Media brands. This role will work closely with the Ad Operations team, Revenue Operations, Account Management team, Direct Sales team and external technology and data providers to create incremental revenue opportunities. Both daily and long term responsibilities will include:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as primary point of contact and provide consultative guidance to internal and external clients on audience management and monetization.
* Work closely with the Sales team to develop and refine Vox Media's go-to-market strategy for audience targeting.
* Work with ad product team to develop technical solutions and enhance data capabilities
* Work with and assess data providers to understand value and gain insight towards revenue goals.
* Develop & maintain advertiser-friendly audience segments. Collaborate ad product and sales teams to build data-driven ad products and establish data partnerships.
* Develop innovative custom solutions for advertising clients by combining raw data from first party and third party data sources. Engage directly with clients on large data deals.
* Build and lead a team of experts in both technical and analytic abilities focused on delivering bottom-line results.
* Own the relationship with Vox Media's DMP and collaborate with technical counterparts to ensure proper delivery, storage and usage of data environment.
* Establish holistic monetization focused first, second and third party data strategic leadership
* BA/BSpreferred with strong academic record
* 8 to 10+ years of digital media experience
* 2+ preferred years of experience in a hands on technical role
* Analytic thinker with a passion for data-driven strategy and extensive quantitative marketing and/or business intelligence experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Extensive hands-on experience with data management platforms (DMPs) like Krux, BlueKai (Oracle), Adobe Audience Manager or Lotame
* Working knowledge of the programmatic ad tech landscape: DSPs, SSPs, Ad Servers, etc.
* Knowledge of client services, advertising operations, ad serving, media buying and selling.
* Solid understanding of digital advertising metrics and the current industry trends
* Familiarity with Operative and Google Analytics
* Excellent computers skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
* Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
* Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail. Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
* Have an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
_ABOUT WORKING AT VOX MEDIA:_ This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits--including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive.
You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun--and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.