PROGRESSIVE HEALTH CARE COMPANY SPECIALIZING IN DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT IS LOOKING FOR AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO RUN THEIR CARBONDALE, IL FACILITY
The Executive Director reports to the Division President, and has overall responsibility for managing facility mission and vision in accordance with the company's mission and goals. The Executive Director will lead and direct assigned programs and services, and promote continuous improvement in quality, utilization and cost effectiveness. Will also represent the company to the community, foster positive public relations and marketing program services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead and direct the overall provision of effective clinical and administrative services for assigned facilities. Establish and execute short and long-term plans to ensure innovative, high quality, and comprehensive services. Assist subordinate managers in developing and meeting appropriate goals for each program.
* Develop capital and operating budgets for assigned programs, planning for short and long-term program needs. Provide justification for planned expenditures in order to secure budget approval. Administer budgets; develop and implement appropriate methods to monitor budgets and resolve variances.
* Build and retain an effective team of regular and contracted management, clinical, medical and support staff. Is responsible for human resources management for assigned facilities, working with subordinate managers to interview, hire, evaluate the performance and competency of, discipline and, when necessary, discharge subordinate personnel. Assist Program Directors and Clinical Supervisors in planning and implementing employee training and development programs, maintaining compliance with established personnel policies, and resolving complex employee relations problems. Responsible for hiring and ensuring licensed independent practitioners have a current contract, are credentialed and have been approved to deliver clinical services.
* Ensure facility programs and services are in compliance with company policies and procedures, contractual obligations, accreditation standards, state and federal laws. Provides policy interpretation, recommending changes to organization-wide policies and practices. Develops and implements operating procedures for areas of responsibility. Interpret and monitor compliance with division and company policies and procedures.
* Promote continuous improvement in quality and utilization of program services by reviewing standards and results achieved, initiates corrective actions and ensures compliance with established guidelines and policies for quality assurance and utilization review. Ensure clinical programs and services achieve and maintain accreditation standards.
* Research new funding opportunities, analyzes data and prepares reports and proposals. Market company programs by making formal presentations for program funding and development. Lead the implementation of new or revised services, continually assessing quality and effectiveness.
* Maintain and foster positive public relations by attending local meetings and participating in community functions. Serve as company liaison, developing and reinforcing sound working relationships with the community, funding agencies, and local organizations. Represent company at program conferences, official meetings and related functions.
* Serve as a professional resource to subordinate managers. Develop direct reports through coaching, assisting them in setting and meeting appropriate goals, in operations assessment and problem resolution, and in conflict management.
* Responsible for maintenance of overall physical plant, assuring facilities provide a safe, clean and esthetically appealing environment.
* Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with managers and executives. Participate on management committees to plan and develop company services and to resolve operational problems.
* Enhance business and management knowledge and expertise through appropriate educational and organizational activities. Annually creates a personal development plan to increase own management skills, abilities and competence.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 5years' current experience in the behavioral healthcare field.
* Minimum of 5years' experience in a management role with demonstrated abilities to mentor and develop staff.
* Experience in substance abuse highly preferred.
* Knowledge of management theories and practices, and ability to plan and oversee business operations, at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in business or health administration, or related field. A Master's degree in business or health services administration or related field preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of business practices to lead, direct and evaluate facility activities, to develop budgets, policies and procedures, and to provide effective management of and motivation of managers and staff at a level normally acquired through ten years progressively more responsible, related management experience.
* High level of communication skills necessary to lead and motivate assigned staff; develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with community and funding agency representatives, to market the companies programs through formal presentations, and to prepare complex reports.
* High level problem solving and analytical abilities necessary to oversee and direct the work of others, investigate and resolve conflicts and deficiencies, develop goals and objectives, and devise policies and procedures.
* Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy, and reading reports, on a regular basis (critical).
* Ability to drive vehicle to various locations in assigned geographic area (essential).
* Computer savvy (Word, Excel and Outlook).
* Reports to the Division President
* Responsible for working through up to ten subordinate managers, to lead and follow-up on the work of up to 125 employees, and up to ten contracted staff
20% BONUS, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, TEAM ATMOSPHERE, VERY STABLE GROWING COMPANY, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.