Executive Director 8/26/2016
Gulf Coast Humane Society
Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GULF COAST HUMANE SOCIETY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Gulf Coast Humane Society (GCHS) is searching for an executive director to manage its facility located at 3118 Cabaniss Parkway, Corpus Christi, Texas. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter that houses and cares for hundreds of adoptable dogs and cats. We were founded on January 15th, 1945, with the mission to find loving, responsible forever homes for all of the orphaned animals at GCHS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, organize, and develop programs that will meet the objectives of the organization.
* Directs, supervises, and instructs personnel in the well-being and humane treatment of animals; the maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds.
* Oversee day to day operations in each department through Department Managers:
* Human Resources
* Training and Behavior Department
* Shelter Clinic
* Volunteer Program
* Foster and Community Outreach Programs
* Humane Education Program
* Public Relations, Advertising, Social Media, Web Site.
* Prepares for the Board of Directors monthly operating reports, and attends monthly board meetings.
* Seeks out and maintains community contacts and represents the Gulf Coast Humane Society through various types of organizations.
* Serve as the voice of the GCHS in the community.
* Participates with other agencies in cooperative endeavors.
* Attains or exceeds the established revenue able to lift up to 25 pounds. Able to endure moderate (office) to high (shelter) noise level and exposure to animals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.