Executive Director, Data Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
The NPD Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview:
As the Executive Director of Checkout Data Quality, you will manage a team of Product Specialists and all aspects related to the quality of the Checkout Tracking data. You and your team will be responsible for the design, development, processes and metrics related to data readiness and ongoing validation of Checkout Tracking industries for both Checkout Online and Total Channel.
If you enjoy being a part of a team where your work directly impacts the business, this job is for you!
This position is based in Port Washington, NY
* Management and development of a data quality team
* All aspects of quality assurance for new Industries per the Checkout Industry release calendar
* All aspects of quality assurance for the Industries already in production
* Development of process and metrics to support data quality results
* Negotiate with Checkout Product on definition of data readiness for each data set
* Develop proficiency in applications such as Alteryx and Tableau
* Guide team to develop proficiency in various industries to be able to review data results and understand how they compare with POS trends, Checkout Product and NPD Practice expectations
* Liason between Checkout Operations, Checkout Product, Checkout Commercial, NPD Practice as it relates to data quality and understanding expectations for data readiness of new industries
* Proven success working in Excel, Tableau, Alteryx or the equivalent a plus.
* 5+ years managing and developing a team.
* 5+ years of experience in marketing research. Demonstrated knowledge in consumer surveys, longitudinal consumer data and POS data a plus. Production experience a plus.
* Strong Track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to think conceptually and analytically
* Ability to analyze and interpret data
* Strong planning and organization skills
* MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
* BA/BS degree
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a can-do perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world's leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.