This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDO YOU HAVE 10+ YEARS OF SENIOR LEVEL EXPERIENCE
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH AND A PASSION FOR HUMAN SERVICES
ARE YOU ENERGETIC, GOAL-ORIENTED, AND RESILIENT IN THE WORK PLACE
We are currently in search of an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for a SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION. The position is based in WASHINGTON, DC. This is a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
IS THIS YOUR DREAM JOB
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR serves as the chief executive officer and reports to the Board of Directors. They are responsible for the financial, programmatic, strategic, and management operations of the organization. The Executive Director needs to be a problem solver with demonstrated leadership experience. This individual is responsible for the consistent achievement of the organization's mission and financial objectives. Our client seeks intelligent, proactive, and adaptable individuals who are highly organized and detail-oriented.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AT SENIOR LEVELS OF HUMAN SERVICES ORGANIZATIONS REQUIRED
* UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE REQUIRED; MASTER'S DEGREE PREFERRED
* DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE CULTIVATION & STEWARDSHIP OF INDIVIDUAL DONORS, FOUNDATIONS, CORPORATIONS, & GOVERNMENT AGENCIES - PROVEN FUNDRAISING SKILLS
* EXPERIENCE & ABILITY TO SUCCESSFUL MANAGER COMPLEX OPERATIONS & LARGE STAFFS
* IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF THE NEEDS & SERVICES FOR THE FOLLOWING POPULATIONS: WOMEN, CHILDREN, & FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ABUSE, ADDICTION, & HOMELESSNESS
* EXPERIENCE WORKING EFFECTIVELY & COLLABORATIVELY WITH BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF A NONPROFIT
* A TRACK RECORD OF RECRUITING, TRAINING, SUPERVISING, & RETAINING A DIVERSE STAFF
* AN UNDERSTANDING OF & ABILITY TO MANEUVER IN THE WASHINGTON, DC SOCIAL SERVICE COMMUNITIES
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAY:
* Collaborating with the Board of Directors to develop & lead strategic efforts for long-term & short-term organizational success
* Overall leadership of staff to implement policies, short-term & long-term plans, & other activities
* Financial planning development & implementation of annual budget
* Development and fundraising from government & private sources
* Program development & management of high-quality services
* Human resources management: staff recruitment, employment, training, & evaluation
* PR/outreach to media, government, private & public funding institutions, & general public
* Ongoing maintenance/renovation of ten properties within DC
A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE WILL BE PROVIDED.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!