Executive Director - Water Resources
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to Chief Operating Officer and President of Vanir Construction Management. Provides for the national development, planning, strategy, project, and organization operations as part of the Operations Group. Works in a leadership and collaborative capacity with other Vanir departments, Regions/Areas and staff to lead development and project operation initiatives. Maintains management and strategic focus for the successful pursuit, strategy, marketing, contracts, and acquisition of new business for Vanir Construction Management. Functions as a leader for corporate and project operations, including entities of Operations, Regional/Area Projects and other departments as assigned. May supervise office/field staff, administrative staff, project staff, and sub consultants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Excellent knowledge and experience leading marketing and business development activities for pursuit of water resources program/project services, construction, and related AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) deliverables. Must be familiar with multiple project services, project types, and water resources market segment.
* Strong familiarity of project development to include contracts, design, and construction management, project systems, project delivery, and specifications to ensure relation to business pursuits
* Primary contact and liaison for potential clients, owners, and principal partner entities for the marketing, business development, and contracts to Vanir Construction Management
* Develops specific criteria, procedures, documentation, contracts, related strategy, approach, and means for water resources project pursuits
* Excellent operations capability in managing business, corporate, project operations, functions, teams, individuals and initiatives. Must be well versed in developing and administering leadership principles and related deliverables for an organization.
* Capable in creating, developing, and leading project-based teams with an emphasis in scope, schedule, cost, and quality
* Obtain, maintain, and manage data, information, communications, and approvals required by company requirements between internal and external staff, customers, owner, sub consultants, and project-related entities
* Must be familiar with leading corporate and office operations, including management of staff, resources, capabilities, financials, and related functions
* Ability to understand and develop detailed financial plans, forecasting, and analysis for projects, pursuits, and corporate expenditures
* Maintains applicable databases (CRM, ATS, HRIS) and data for tracking and response
* Maintains active and collaborative relationships with vendors, joint venture partners/pursuits, and other external entities. Must attend industry related associations, events, networking opportunities, and collaborations.
* Represents Owners, Vanir and related parties in public forums and meetings
* Serve as liaison and coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of internal and external project management staff, corporate/office resources, contractors, engineers, architects, and related entities as required
* Manage and administer water resources pursuit and proposal costs, metrics, data, controls, and performance activities and procedures
* Lead and direct strategy, operations, and pursuit meetings, include deliverables, facilitation, and direction. Regularly interact with internal and external project and marketing/BD staff on water resources proposal development, statement of qualifications and marketing collateral.
* Provide oversight management of project logistics, organization, systems and personnel resources
* Provide all services and objectives for the application of Vanir Construction Management s quality services
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related discipline. Must possess experience in the AEC industry including project delivery, management, operations, and business development. Knowledge of engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study is necessary. Familiarity with corporate and/or office operations is required, with experience in management, financials, systems, compliance, and procedures. 15+ years of experience in management of projects, operations, business development and/or related functions and departments is desired.
* Or, non-degree holders must possess 18+ years of in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related discipline. Must possess experience in the AEC industry including project delivery, management, operations, and business development. Knowledge of engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study is necessary. Familiarity with corporate and/or office operations is required. Emphasized experience in management, financials, systems, compliance, and procedures. 18+ years of experience in management of projects, operations, business development and/or related functions and departments is desired.
* Strong knowledge of water resources market segment
* Professional Registration as an Architect, Engineer, and/or GC license is a plus
* Masters level degree is desired
* Certification or the ability to obtain certification as a PMP, CCM, Six Sigma or related business certifications is desired. For those lacking certifications, an understanding to work towards furthering their training, education, and certifications is important.
* Must possess advanced knowledge and application of strategy, marketing, and business development for technical services. Thorough understanding of marketing processes, approaches, means, contracts, and documents.
* Applied experience in operations to include management, accounting, cost, administration, and personnel in a professional settings. Ability to communicate effectively in business communications with internal and external entities.
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
* Ability to represent Vanir and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all applicable laws and regulations
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
We Participate in E-Verify