Executive Director of Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client partner is seeking an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SALES located in New York.
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market/region. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company objectives. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Directors of Business Development (DBD).
* Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Responsible for the performance and development of the DBD.
* Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
* Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new and existing markets.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
* Conducts one-on-one review with all DBDs to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of DBD's sales and activity performance.
* Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
* In consultation with Division President, provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all prospect proposals while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
* Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by DBDs.
* Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
* Assists DBDs in preparation of proposals and presentations.
* Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Recruits and hires DBDs based on and in partnership with senior management.
* Maintains detailed knowledge of the company's services.
* Keeps abreast of what competitors are doing.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES:
* Ensures all DBDs meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
* Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
* Sets examples for DBDs in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
* Conducts regular coaching and counseling with DBDs to build motivation and selling skills.
* Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
* Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
* 5 to 7years of experience in sales management in a legal and/or service related business
* Experience with CRM tools (SalesForce in use currently)
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
* Willingness to travel.
* Proven successful leadership and ability to build/drive high performance sales teams.