Executive Meeting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Palm Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Executive Meeting Manager brings to bear their organizational and detailing skills to identify and implement profitable execution of all groups. Ensure that each group that the manager is responsible for meets or exceeds their revenue expectations based on their contracts. Active and positive contribution towards a high performance culture within the Convention Services Department through customer advocacy, sustained revenue achievement, communication and team participation.
* An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
* Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
* Optimize room rental charges.
* Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
* Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
* Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
* Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
* Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
* Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
* Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
* Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
* Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
* Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
* 1+ year within the Hospitality Industry required.
* Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
* High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
* Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
* Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
* Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled