This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 7/15/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Hot Springs, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure that all Banquets and other Food and Beverage outlets have the required quantities of sanitized equipment/supplies to meet the business needs of the hotel.
* Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Steward Department ensuring that operating costs are minimized.
* To execute company and hotel policies and procedures relating to the Stewarding Department, thereby ensuring that the services provided achieve the established standards of performance, within the agreed budgetary controls.
* To advise the Food and Beverage Director on all matters relating to the Stewarding Department.
* To be responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the Stewarding areas.
* To assist the Food and Beverage Director in the preparation of the Stewarding Department budget. When agreed, should control all overheads throughout the oncoming year to report to the Food and Beverage Director all variances from actual and budget with reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
* To work with Food and Beverage Director on the purchasing of all cleaning supplies, china, glassware, cutlery and equipment.
* Responsible for storage, requisitioning of all materials and equipment
* Taking and calculating of material stock (inventory) as required.
* Reporting to the Food and Beverage Director all breakages, cleaning supply consumption, etc.
* In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, establish standards of performance for the Stewarding Department.
* Maintaining all equipment to a high standard, i.e.: dishwashers, burnishes, etc., and reporting to maintenance any defects.
* Interior of hotel, in all Food and Beverage areas, with exposure to humidity and extreme temperatures.
* Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to food items and beverages.
* Must be flexible in scheduling to include, nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: