Exercise Technician - Middletown Rehabilitation Services Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking an Exercise Technician to work approximately 10 to 15 hours per week at the Rehabilitation Services office in Middletown, Delaware.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To provide supportive services in the Physical Therapy Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists the therapist in treatment preparation for group or individual sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to, hot and cold packs, routine follow-up exercises, ambulation, and whirlpool.
* Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly fashion, safe for patient care. Cleans and prepares equipment for patient use.
* Maintains a current inventory of patient supplies and equipment.
* Assists therapists in medical equipment ordering.
* Monitors patient flow within the department; occasionally assisting with patient transport. May assist with community outings.
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices and infection control policies. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, hazards, or safety violations that might cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Currently enrolled in a pre-PT program through an accredited University
* Previous experience working or volunteering in a Physical Therapy setting
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Rehab Services
JOB REQUISITION #: 39146BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Medical, Technician, Patient Care, Healthcare, Technology Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.