Exhibit & Event Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Responsible for project managing logistics for assigned national trade shows, state/local trade shows, seminar events, and Round Table events. Post event responsibilities include, Monitor customer attendance, analyze data, and input information into event trackers. Pro-actively communicate, partner, and interact with several functional areas, internal customers and stakeholders. Travel and attendance is required at certain trade shows and industry-related events, remote organization and communication is required for others. Professionally represents IDEXX to external customers and event attendees at all times.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyze metrics and communicate results to internal partners.
* Project manage trade shows and all other educational events to ensure consistency and collaboration while following established guidelines, processes and tools.
* Develop and coordinate documents related to events and communications.
* Primary point of contact for scheduled event participants and attendees, and other potential internal/external customers interested in attending or participating in the events.
* Pro-actively communicate, partner and interact with various functional areas and internal customers/stakeholders (i.e. LOBs partners, field sales, inside sales, distribution teams, marketing managers and associates, travel department, ILC team, IT, BrandComm, etc.).
* Educate cross functional teams, provide direction and establish solutions where appropriate.
* Effectively and consistently communicate and champion best practices and logistics to customers/stakeholders at all levels of management, gaining buy in from stakeholders, and educating others as needed.
* Identify, develop, and implement SOPs and product documentation.
* Work with associations to develop partnerships, promote use of IDEXX-friendly speakers on official conference programs and recurring events.
* Develop and continually learn, grow and strengthen individual capabilities, staying current with industry trends and best in class practice.
* Develop and improve understanding of organization's educational goals and target topics, and speakers to meet the business priorities.
* May support emerging channels and engagement of events such as Cornerstone User Conference and pet owner events.
* May mentor, train and coach others.
* Provide coaching and guidance to support department policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
* 3-5 years of related marketing, conference event planning and/or project management experience required.
* Certification in meeting planning or project management a plus
* IDEXX knowledge a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent client relations and customer service skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid analytical skills with an aptitude for marketing analytics & decision making.
* Proven project management skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and to lead and drive projects to completion.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes and make sound decisions under tight timeframes and deadlines.
* Ability to maintain focus on priorities while multi-tasking.
* Problem solving skills, ability to anticipate and resolve issues, providing fast solutions to unexpected issues.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Flexible, self motivated, organized and confident. Ability to professionally represent IDEXX to potential customers.
* Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and various functional departments and externally with customers.
* Demonstrated initiative and drive with ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as part of a team. Ability to motivate and direct others.
* Ability to understand basic financial concepts such as ROI and budget management.
* Proficiency in MS office applicationswith advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database software preferred.
* Understanding of SAP, CRM and Business Objects.
* Basic knowledge of Dreamweaver or HTML a plus
* Extensive overnight travel required including weekends
* High computer usage
* Ability to lift up to 60lbs
* Trade show environment
* Normal office environment
* Possible remote office with industry experience
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES