This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Job Title: Expeditor
Location: NMC Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Responsible for expediting product through the organization that have been identified as having a critical delivery time constraint to ensure customer satisfaction and requirements are met. The expeditor role will be responsible for internally providing clear and concise information that will be used to status customers. Performs individual assignments as Program/Account Manager, Director of Engineering/Program Management and/or Director of Customer Service may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, an maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
* Communicates and works with the respective department personnel to ensure critical parts are expedited through the required processes.
* Responsible for internally communicating progress of critical items that required an expedited effort.
* Reviews, discusses and resolves issues with various NMC functional departments that may prevent the company in meeting customer s expectations.
* Ensure the physical movement of parts from initial stages of manufacturing through shipment to customers.
* Maintains positive working relationships.
* Reports to Program/Account Manager, Director of Engineering/Program Management and/or Director of Customer Service any obstacles and recommendations for improvement.
* Participate in planning meetings, conference calls and presentations if required.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Ability and comfort with accurately speaking, reading and writing in English.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, communication (written and oral), analytical and time management skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software program. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications
* Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
* Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
* Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
* Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success.
* Working knowledge of job shop product and quality requirements.
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1 - 2 years successful employment in manufacturing environment, preferably for an aerospace organization.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).