- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Experienced Civil Engineer - Raleigh
Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is looking for a Civil Engineer in our Morrisville (Raleigh), NC office.
The ideal Civil Engineer candidate will participate in and contribute to a diverse range of engineering services in our team-oriented environment providing municipal, private, higher education, energy, state and military clients with professional engineering services. Candidates should have experience in site-civil engineering including grading, storm water design, water and sewer extensions, storm water management, and permitting.
A successful candidate must be able to follow proper procedures, perform accurate computations, and maintain cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of clear and concise verbal and written communications, have the ability to complete tasks independently and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the supervisor such as field investigation or assist in construction oversight.
The candidate should possess the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, along with a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
A can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset is essential.
The candidate should have at a minimum, the ability to learn and implement the basic design components of the delivery of a civil engineering / land development document package.
Duties will include civil engineering design and support in the following areas:
* Site Layout / Site Grading / Storm Drainage / Road Alignment
* Erosion and Sediment Control
* Stormwater Best Management Practices
* Slope Restoration Plans
* Pipeline Alignment
* AutoCAD Civil 3D Plans Preparation
* Technical Specification Writing
* Various Agency Permitting Documents Preparation
Successful candidates will possess:
* 4-8 years of experience in civil engineering / land development
* B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
* Professional Engineer's license
* Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and willingness to travel periodically
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)