Experienced Geologists/ Environmental Engineers - Remedial Investigation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employees with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
The Hamilton office has an immediate opening for a Geologist, Hydrogeologist or Environmental Scientist (or related field) with 6 to 10 years of experience to work on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
The candidate will work closely with Project Managers to research site histories and develop remedial investigation workplans for a portfolio of sites involving varied hydrogeologic conditions, contaminants, and neighborhood-wide receptor impacts. Extensive, multi-phased subsurface investigations and receptor evaluations including vapor intrusion and potable well studies are commonly required. As RI projects progress, this individual will plan field activities, lead field investigations, and oversee subcontractors as the lead scientist. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing/interpreting large sets of analytical/hydrogeologic data and developing site conceptual models. Additional responsibilities include task delegation to and oversight of junior field/office staff and lead authoring of technical reports. This position involves frequent interaction/collaboration with client representatives and project team members, as RI workplans are developed and implemented.
Qualified candidates should possess:
* 6-10 years of experience working on environmental projects in NJ with an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
* Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
* A strong technical background in historical due-diligence research, such as NJ Preliminary Assessments
* Experience conducting and leading environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling including soil boring advancement, monitoring well installation, soil-groundwater sampling, and identification and evaluation of sensitive receptors
* Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, etc.
* Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations and potable well impact studies
* Office experience related to scheduling, lab and subcontractor coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently in a team environment
* Positive, professional attitude, with organization and multi-tasking skills
* A passion for excellence in work products
* BS degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher
Additional qualifications to be considered:
* Some experience with the EPA TRIAD approach using tools such as MIP, LIF, CPT, on-site gas-chromatography, and other direct-sensing/real-time data collection techniques a plus
* Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments a plus
* Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling with 3D visualization software such as EVS or ROCKWORKS a plus
* Experience using CAD or GIS for 2D data mapping a plus
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant regulations/guidance and client-specific requirements. Occasional overnight travel to project sites in New Jersey is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)