Experienced Systems & Organization Control (SOC) Reporting Audit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 4/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONCBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ Tofias is the New England Division of CBIZ, the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and consulting provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have a combined 200 people, including 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ Tofias, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
We are seeking to hire an experienced SOC Audit Manager to work in the New England region as part of our SOC, Risk & Control Practice. The SOC, Risk and Control Practice provides independent and objective examination and advisory services that help the clients manage report on their control and risk management practices, and improve and enhance clients controls and compliance. In addition to providing SOC examination services to clients under the standards of the AICPA, the Practice also provide risk and control assessment and advisory services, internal audits, royalty and contract audits, and upon procedures engagements and reporting. The successful individual will report to the New England Practice Leader.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Plan and execute multiple concurrent audits, including reviews of existing production applications, systems currently being developed, and specialized technological components.
* The audit team member is expected to identify and assess application-related risks (both business and technological) and to provide advice to management regarding mitigation of these risks.
* The SOC audit manager will lead and manage engagements and, in doing so, will be required to manage budgeted hours and project timelines for the examination, assessment and reporting on client s financial, operational, compliance and IT risks and controls.
* Develop an ongoing "trusted advisor" relationship with clients to ensure timely and consistent risk, control, compliance and reporting advice.
* Mentor audit staff in areas of financial, operational, compliance and IT audit and technology expertise to develop a broader skill base and level of understanding of financial, operational, compliance IT risks.
* Participate directly in new client development process by assisting the Practice Leader in initial meetings, presentations and proposal development
* Responsible for coordination of all deliverables (such as reports, working papers, analysis, etc.) for assigned engagements including technical review
* Demonstrates proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
* Manage and maintain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
* Effectively supervise, train and mentor Associates and Senior Associates
* Exhibit leadership capabilities including the ability to listen and communicate with staff effectively
* Foster a team environment for overall Business Unit
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Capable of developing an overall engagement budget
* 5%-10% travel is required
A successful candidate will have:
* 6 years or more years of combined SOC, financial, operational, compliance IT audit experience, 3 years of staff supervision and management
* Bachelor s degree in Information Systems, Accounting or related disciplines; advanced degree preferred
* A solid understanding of financial, operational, compliance and IT risk, control best practices
* Experience with highly complex and integrated financial, operational, compliance and IT environments
* Proven analytical skills. Advanced knowledge and experience with: controls; keys of financial, operational, compliance and IT risk; SSAE 18, Trust Services, and AICPA s SOC1 and SOC2 Examination and Reporting Guides
* Some understanding of the laws and regulations associated with privacy, NIST, FISMA, ISO27000, HIPPA, SEC, and FINRA regulated entities and the use of technology controls to meet these requirements
* Understanding of the risks associated with current technologies (e.g., web services) and the standards and controls being developed to mitigate those risks
* Strong team player willing to collaborate with highly skilled people on multiple levels
* Polished oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated business knowledge and control related expertise
* CISA or CISSP certification required; CPA or experience and ability to obtain CPA license preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html