Experienced IT Auditor 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ Tofias is the New England Division of CBIZ, the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and consulting provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have a combined 200 people, including 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ Tofias, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
Job Purpose / Objective:
* Provide service to clients on engagements under the direct supervision of management. May work directly with clients
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audits.Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives
* Assumes responsibility as project leader for special audit projects and provides advisory and consulting services to management. Recommends appropriate staffing requirements to complete the audit. Coordinates and directs activities of assigned auditors: Trains and provides guidance of auditing tasks and procedures; reviews work for completeness; and submits evaluations on assigned auditors
* Acts as liaison for internal management, external auditors, external audit clients and business associates
* Prepares reports for internal and external company executives.Summarizes audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures audit summary is prepared within established deadline
* Performs statistical sampling y to accomplish audit procedures. Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing various software applications
* Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
* Performs testing and walk-through procedures to determine company compliance on assigned Sarbanes Oxley processes: reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walk-through and testing procedures, documents testing results that are reviewed by external auditors, and communicates results to the process owners and the Sarbanes Oxley team
* Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations
* Maintains continued education requirements and regular and predictable attendance
* Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* Must have completed at least one Busy Season
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html