Experienced IT Auditor 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program, which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
* National level training resources and technology
* Development of leadership and networking skills
* Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
* Mentoring by Senior Associates & Managers
* Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
Under limited supervision, perform testing of controls for Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 and 2 examinations. Execute and document audit procedures, under the firm s SOC methodology and workstations and the standards and SOC Guides of the AICPA. Recommends and submits observations and recommendations for correction of identified client s control deficiencies and opportunities to enhance the client s control environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities-
* Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audits.Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives
* Assumes responsibility as project leader for special audit projects and provides advisory and consulting services to management. Recommends appropriate staffing requirements to complete the audit. Coordinates and directs activities of assigned auditors: Trains and provides guidance of auditing tasks and procedures; reviews work for completeness; and submits evaluations on assigned auditors
* Acts as liaison for internal management, external auditors, external audit clients and business associates
* Prepares reports for internal and external company executives.Summarizes audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures audit summary is prepared within established deadline
* Performs statistical sampling y to accomplish audit procedures. Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing various software applications
* Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
* Performs testing and walk-through procedures to determine company compliance on assigned Sarbanes Oxley processes: reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walk-through and testing procedures, documents testing results that are reviewed by external auditors, and communicates results to the process owners and the Sarbanes Oxley team
* Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations
* Maintains continued education requirements and regular and predictable attendance
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
* 2-5 years of internal or external IT auditing experience
* Advanced degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent education
* Completion of CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor
* Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
* Ability to share and impart knowledge
* Ability to balance detail with overall requirements to support formulation of an opinion on the suitability of design, fair presentation and operating effectiveness of controls under the AICPA s Statements of Standards for Attestation Examinations and Trust Services Principles and Criteria
* Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables
* Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
* Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks and evaluate controls
* Advanced oral and written communication skills
* Advanced investigative and analytical skills
* Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
* Organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in practice objectives
* Ability to travel approximately 10-15% of work time
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf