Export Control Coordinator
Chromalloy LLC - Carson City, NV
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for
aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a EXPORT CONTROL COORDINATOR opening to join our QUALITY organization.
DAY TO DAY:
The EXPORT & DOCUMENT CONTROL COORDINATOR is Responsible for implementing and overseeing the maintenance of internal export controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Economic Embargo Regulations, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations (includes some import controls). Position reports to the Director of Quality and will require a close working relationship with Corporate Legal Counsel.
What you will do:
* Ensure compliance with the EAR, ITAR, CPB, includes all Federal Regulations
* Applies for and coordinates all licensing for Nevada and Los Angeles business group activities and obtains corporate approval (if required).
* Provides timely advice and guidance on the application and implementation of U.S. Government export / import regulations
* Provides analysis on Export Classification Control Numbers and licensing requirements
* Works with all departments within the organization to determine and communicate requirements and flow for export controls
* Reviews travelers, contracts, specifications, drawings, work instructions (all internal documents and technology) and determines if export controls apply
* Reviews all requests for Technology Transfer and obtains corporate review / approval (if required).
* Reviews job descriptions and determines if export licensing is required for foreign nationals, employees, temporary employees, contractors, interns etc. (all inside or outside manpower sources).
* Reviews new products, equipment, technologies, materials and processes to determine if export controls apply
* Develops and implements business processes, procedures and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. Government export regulations and Company policies
* Identifies training needs and develops and provides training pertaining to export and technology controls
* Maintain technical data is compliance with customer, regulatory, and industry standards.
* Provides tools and training for screening internal and external customers, visitors, potential employees, etc. against the appropriate denied parties lists as mandated by the state and federal government.
* Manages and maintains export / import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government regulations and Company policies
* Monitors export compliance through self-assessments and audits
* Keeps informed of changes to state and federal government regulations by attending conferences and training on a regular basis.
* Participates in business and corporate projects focusing on trade compliance
* Maintains awareness of all international activity, including marketing, trade shows, publishing of technical papers, business development, and procurement
* Coordinate the control and destruction of technical records.
What you need to succeed:
* BA/AA degree or equivalent experience required.
* Some knowledge of Import Controls and Customs and Border Protection regulations.
* Experience with HTS (Harmonized Tariff Systems, ECCN (Export Classification Control Number) and related acronyms specific to state and federal government regulations preferred.
* Certification/training (CUSECO/CUSICO/Customs Broker) a plus
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.