Express Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To fully develop the Group Market Segment with the emphasis on Group production especially for short-term and higher rated, less price sensitive business within a specified geographic territory concentrating on the solicitation of new profitable business. To skillfully merchandise the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience. To achieve monthly room night, food and beverage, and room rental goals, develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
* Responsible for booking small groups currently 10-40 on peak in all markets including corporate, SMERF, association and tour and travel, within hotel s booking guidelines.
* Follow-up and process group blocks related to Catering Events.
* Follow-up and promptly qualify leads generated by the GSO, CVB, other Omni Hotels & Resorts, and other lead sources.
* Must be knowledgeable about hotel capabilities including: front desk, reservations, room service, AV and catering.
* Merchandise guest rooms and function space and attain food and beverage and room rental, to maximize revenue opportunities.
* Maintain weekly phone, site inspection, and outside sales solicitation within assigned territory utilizing Delphi and all prospecting sources.
* Active involvement in industry-related associations and trade-shows.
* Achieve budgeted room nights, ADR, and revenue goals as assigned by Director of Sales.
* Responsible for maintaining sales files, and developing weekly and monthly sales reports in accordance with the company s sales procedure standards, and preparing additional reports on account metrics and market conditions as requested.
* Minimal 2 years sales experience in a management or coordinator role
* History of excellence in exceeding goals year after year
* Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to develop strategic action plans with measurable results
* Ability to communicate effectively to prospective and existing clients
* Lifelong learner with positive attitude, ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Working knowledge of Delphi a plus
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: