Exterior Trim Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
Superior Township, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc (HATCI) is looking for an Exterior Trim Engineer for our Superior Township, MI facility who will:
* Design and develop exterior trim parts and perform releasing duties for North American based vehicle projects.
* Develop innovative solutions to improve exterior trim from cost/mass, performance and quality perspectives
* Individual will have the opportunity to determine projects by building a project plan (business case) and following that plan from beginning to end
* Create and present technical reports to communicate project status and results
* Assess current design and recommend engineering improvements
* Experience in one or more areas of Exterior Trim Components required: fascia, grilles, wiper systems, mirrors, roof racks, spoilers and/or side sills
* Knowledge of US regulations is a plus.
* Knowledge of design, manufacturing and assembly of Exterior Trim components is required
* Experience utilizing Computer Aided Design tools (capability in CATIA V5 ideal, but not required)
* Travel up to 15% of time domestically and internationally
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Entry level Position ( some experience preferred)
* Valid Driver's License & satisfactory driving record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor