External Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBrook Street has partnered with a well-established life insurance company who is looking for an External Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager. Qualified candidates will have strong leadership abilities and a solid technical accounting background. We are looking for a self-motivated Consultant with a depth of SEC reporting and/or public client experience to assist with our client's preparation for SEC filings, press releases, Board presentations and other reporting and analytic needs of the organization.
EXTERNAL REPORTING & TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Preparation of S-1 and periodic SEC documents, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K, which requires coordination with other departments, including legal, human resources and operations, and parties outside of the company such as external auditors and counsel
* Assistance with the preparation of consolidated financial statements, including statements of comprehensive income and cash flows
* Participating in the preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases and related schedules, including investor relations presentations
* Assistance with preparation of Audit Committee and Board presentations
* Maintaining current understanding of the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies' projects in order to keep management apprised of pending decisions that will impact the company
EXTERNAL REPORTING & TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
* 5-7 years accounting and/or financial reporting experience, with at least 3 years of SEC reporting experience or serving public clients, including IPO's
* Strong technical GAAP accounting, SEC reporting, and research skills
* Certified CPA - Licensed preferred
* Transaction services (IPO, M&A, and SEC)
* Public accounting experience with Big 4 or mid-tier
* Insurance industry experience
* Previous controllership experience
The right candidate will be able to hit the ground running and function as a high level asset to our client. We encourage qualified candidates to apply right away and we look forward to connecting with you.