Extruder Operator - 1 1/2''
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Optical Cable Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTION1 EXTRUDER OPERATOR- NIGHTS
Optical Cable Corporation offers excellent opportunities for development and growth. Become a member of this successful team and enjoy an exciting, diverse work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Sets-up, runs, and monitors 1 extrusion equipment used for the manufacture of fiber optic cable by performing the following job responsibilities.
* Performs specific job responsibilities:
* Reads the set-up sheet and utilizes the file name to determine product to be manufactured, machine adjustments, and material requirements.
* Sets up, runs, and continuously monitors the 1 extrusion line for all standard products.
* Observes, measures, and inspects products at various stages of the production process to assure product is being produced per proper set-up sheet specifications.
* Accurately completes all documentation specific to this job function.
* Cleans equipment to prevent contamination as required.
* Recognizes various defects and problems that arise during production. Assists in solving problems or notifies supervisor if required.
* Conducts all activities in accordance with safety procedures and guidelines.
* Utilizes and follows quality policy and operating procedures to insure the quality and consistency of the job being performed.
* Promotes OCC s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
* Champions OCC s vision and values; complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Education/Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
Mechanical aptitude with the ability to run a machine in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to use tools and measuring devices properly. Ability to read and follow basic instructions. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and recognize and help resolve problems.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards , Secure Travel , Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=opcabcorp&jobId
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click HERE.
Connect with us
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn