Extrusion Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Our client is a world leader in the production of plastics, chemicals and refining products The company will offer this successful candidate excellent compensation and benefits which will include a true pension plan (5% contribution), 401K with a 6% company match, dental, medical, life insurance, et.al. generous plans for you and your dependents.
The position is located in Southeast Houston, Texas area. The community is about 30 minutes from Houston and offers excellent schools, shopping, water sports, restuarants, beautiful neighborhoods, etc.
Position: Extrusion Mechanical Reliability Engineer
* BSdegree in Mechanical Engineering
* 6+ years of experience in refining, petrochemical, chemical process or power generation industries
* Must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow
* Basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
* Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. ASME, API, ANSI)
* Rotating equipment (pumps, steam turbines, centrifugal and recip compressors, blowers, gearboxes)
* Fixed equipment (piping, flange makeup, pressure vessels, heat exchangers)
* Machinery diagnostics and equipment repair
* Component failure analysis
* Project Management
* Reliability Engineering Concepts
* Reliability data analysis techniques
* Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Concepts
* Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft, Meridium)
Key Responsibilities as part of the Site's Reliability Group:
* Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
* Consult with peers at the site and across the company
* Serve as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company
* Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
* Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans. Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
* Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance costs
* Lead and participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
* Manage risk to the achievement of an organizations strategic objectives inthe areas of enviornmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production
* Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
* Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
* Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
* Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
* Lead interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety systems.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA without the need for sponsorship (i.e. must have US citizenship or US permanent residency)