Extrusion/Plastics Shift Supervisor (2016267)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Founded in 1899, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and display and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $5.0 billion, the Company has 20,000 employees working in more than 300 facilities in 35 countries, serving many of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
Sonoco is looking for a Shift Supervisor in our plastics extrusion operation in Hanover, PA. The successful candidate, with direction form the plant manager, is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance, and employee relations for assigned shift and department.
* Job requires efficient use of resources (labor, materials, and equipment) to manufacture quality products at lowest possible cost. Supervise and coordinate the activities of hourly employees on assigned shift.
* Position is responsible for implementing and maintains best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for assigned shift.
* Ensure safety of all employees; lead safety teams and programs on assigned shift to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, required annual inspections, etc.)
* Supervise all production activities for assigned shift. Schedule shift employees. Crew machines to cover vacations, absence, and overtime.
* Meet or exceed productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations for assigned shift. Implement and maintain best manufacturing practices.
* Hire, train, direct and mentor shift employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
* Direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as BBS with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
* Coordinate production scheduling on shift to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
* Support quality initiative to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
* Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfactions.
* Provide direction, training, and development as needed.
* Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed.
* Recommend disciplinary action to Production Manager.
* Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
* Prepare or approve required shift documentation: Production reports, time cards, et
* Bachelors degree in business, science or engineering preferred or equivalent experience leading manufacturing operations
* Minimum 2 years pertinent experience with leadership and production or strong co-op and internship will be considered
* Operations experience within the military and leadership background can by transferred
* Proven leadership experience
* Solid communication skills
* Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift
Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States