Systems Administrator, F/A-18 Mission Planning Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and Business Intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries including, multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
The Tapestry F/A-18 Mission Planning team is looking for a multi-talented individual to perform a variety of tasks to include: system administration, configuration management, and security duties in a Department of Defense (DoD) classified environment.
Position: Systems Administrator, F/A-18 Mission Planning Lab
Location: Boeing - St. Louis
Performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administers user system access and works to protect information to meet security requirements. Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning. May mentor, lead and train others or may manage special projects and their associated budgets.
* Confers with senior personnel, users and outside vendors to identify computer data access requirements. Assists in developing, deploying, and validating security policies, processes, procedures, and tools. Promotes security awareness to mitigate security risks. Collaborates with senior personnel to define and establish safeguards to protect information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs. Installs patches, modified security files, controls file and data access, and corrects errors. Manages user system access to meet security requirements. Supports implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information. Collaborates with senior personnel in the definition and documentation of computer security and emergency measures, policies, procedures and tests.
* Perform the duties of the Custodial Information System Security Officer (CISSO) for two F/A-18 mission planning classified networks. Work with Boeing Security and DSS to maintain the security requirements on the system.
* Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists in the maintenance of disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity. Maintain backups and follow the current disaster recovery plan by routinely swapping out the classified backup tapes and transporting them to another location.
* Works in conjunction with senior personnel in the design of the delivery system (e.g., hardware, operating system, middleware, network configuration, data structure) to meet business requirements. Performs delivery systems installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Validates end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
* Manage the configuration of all mission planning assets in the F/A-18 Systems Integration Lab (DoD closed area).
* Install, configure and upgrade Windows Server Operating Systems.
* Install and configure software configuration management systems like ClearCase and Subversion.
* Maintain security related documentation (System Security Plan (SSP), Network Security Plan (NSP), etc.).
* Provide security briefings to individual users and to the larger group.
* Reload machines from images provided by the government.
* Create and maintain Virtual Machines (VMs).
* Perform builds of all software products (classified and unclassified). Diagnose and correct problems identified during the build process.
* Assist the independent test team with software test activities as required.
* Provide technical support to non-mission planning personnel in the F/A-18 Systems Integration Lab
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* System Administration experience
* Configuration management experience
* Security experience
* Comfortable with or experience in a DoD closed area)
* Technical support experience
* Hands-on experience with performing build-outs of software products (classified or unclassified).
* Able to diagnose and correct issues identified during build-out process.
* Software testing experience
* CISSO (Custodial Information System Security Officer
* Software development experience a plus
Knowledge: Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines. The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
* Ability to diagnose hardware failures and replace any failing parts.
* Advanced knowledge of Windows Group Policy Objects and Active Directory.
* Network configuration experience including router configuration.
* Ability to diagnose software installation issues.
* Familiarity with encryption systems and encrypted network configurations.
* Some level of software engineering experience desired.
* Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
* Active DoD Secret security clearance required.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people with many different professional backgrounds (software engineers, test engineers, hardware engineers, IT, security personnel, team leads, managers, etc.)
Problem Solving: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Discretion: Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Impact: Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Liaison: Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.