Fixed Asset Staff Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all fixed asset activity is accounted for accurately and timely, including interaction with the Company's business units and Corporate Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate communications and fixed asset requirements between the business units, Corporate Finance and Corporate IT.
* Timely and accurate processing of monthly fixed asset transactions including additions, retirements and transfers.
* Ensure all fixed asset interfaces and other areas are processed/prepared timely and accurately.
* Reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the business unit general ledgers.
* Monthly preparation of fixed asset roll-forward information and related reconciliations.
* Interaction with external and internal auditors.
* Assist with executing special projects.
* Assist with development of reports and other information to support Airgas business units and Corporate Finance.
* Ensure consistent application of Airgas policies and procedures.
* Assist with report and system testing (quarterly software patch testing)
* Identifies opportunities to enhance/streamline business processes.
* Escalates non-routine issues to Supervisor.
* Responsible for various accounting related efforts in support of the Airgas business units and SAP Accounting System.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Analyze balance sheet account balances and changes.
* Support departments, regions and Centralized Accounting Group (CAG).
* All other assignments and projects as requested by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* One to three years accounting experience preferred
* Familiarity with SAP preferred.
* Some Fixed Asset experience preferred
* MS Access experience a plus
* Familiarity with Hyperion consolidation software a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - Light carrying of files and binders
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level is moderate.
* Office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability