FABRICATION - Tumbler Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Pro Staff is currently seeking an experienced FABRICATION TUMBLER OPERATOR for an immediate weekend position in Windom, MN.
Work 36 hours...Get paid for 40!!
The Tumbler Operator is responsible for all aspects of utilizing the Tumbler machine. Other duties assigned by supervisor as needed.
This is a weekend position. Friday through Sunday 5:30 am to 6:00 pm (OT potential)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must have previous on the job experience and knowledge operating Tumbler
* Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific requirements.
* Determine which machine to use and how to set up each job.
* Operates and tends machines such as shears, cutoff saws, brakes, punch press, and drill press, to cut
* and shape components to specified dimensions.
* Grinds welded joints, seams, and other irregular areas to smooth boiler surfaces.
* Selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and
* thickness of metal.
* Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend and straighten metal.
* Performs light maintenance and repair to equipment used.
* Moves and positions materials at work site with help of other workers.
* Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of fab area.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): Associate s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Forklift training certification or the ability to receive it.
* Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as
* safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
* Must be able to read a tape measure.
* Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
* Ability to interpret tolerances.
* Must be able to identify and measure material.
* Experience operating a Tumbler
* Bend/stoop continuously-moving raw steel or finished parts, using sawhorses, table, or floor.
* Squat occasionally-moving raw steel or finished parts, using saw horses, table, or floor.
* Kneel/crouch occasionally-moving raw steel or finished parts, using saw horses, table, or floor.
* Balance continuously-working around equipment and machines.
* Reach above shoulder level frequently.
* Push/pull four-wheel carts, A-frames frequently.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 1 lb. to 25 lbs. continuously.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 26 lbs. to 60 lbs. frequently.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 61 lbs. to 100 lbs. occasionally.
* Lift metal parts ranging from 1 lb. to 25 lbs. continuously.
* Lift metal parts ranging from 26 lbs. to 60 lbs. frequently.
* Lift metal parts ranging from 61 lbs. to 100 lbs. occasionally.
* Grip continuously-for tool use, and parts handling.
* Ability to handle extreme temperatures.
Apply via posting or send resume to email@example.com
Apply in person at:
Pro Staff in the BARC Center
1012 5th Ave - Room 20
(Direct office access at back of building)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.