FACILITIES ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
Timken - North Canton, OHThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Timken Timken
- North Canton, OH
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
The purpose of this position is to identify, plan, and manage the development of detailed design and implementation of major facilities projects that support the Global Bearing & Power Transmission business. The selected candidate will develop and enforce facility design and execution standards. Additionally, this position will apply facilities standards and engineering knowledge and experience to ensure long lasting quality and business performance in operations. Further, the Facilities Engineering Specialist will provide technical leadership in facilities project management, mechanical, electrical, piping and HVAC engineering, and construction management.
- Based on business strategy and program objectives, identify key facility project success factors and develop and execute rigorous facility project plans to implement on time, within budget, and meeting all performance standards.
- Apply broad engineering knowledge and skills to ensure specification, design, and execution success for mechanical, electrical, piping, HVAC, and construction disciplines.
- As part of business and engineering project team, coordinate site selection, project design/build/management structure, and supplier selection for new facility construction and major facility improvement projects.
- Lead and/or provide facilities engineering support to multiple projects simultaneously, at various sites globally.
- In partnership with a broad spectrum of process engineering professionals, coordinate facility layout and manufacturing support systems design that will achieve optimum lean flow, operations efficiency, and facility cost.
- Bachelors degree required in Construction, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field with five years of experience in plant facilities or maintenance, facilities project engineering, and/or project management with specific knowledge of plant infrastructure systems and contractor management of technical, manufacturing, or facility projects OR Master's degree in Engineering or Business with at least three years of relevant experience.- License or Certification in Professional Engineering (P.E.) or Certification in Construction Engineering preferred.- Engineering and effective project management of mechanical, electrical, piping and HVAC engineering through construction management.- Experience and effective management of civil and structural engineering through construction management.- Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated & extensive project plans, including resources, budgets, workstream and task interdependency and reporting.- Experience managing facility programs, large projects, and project teams to deliver on time and to budget and quality standards.- Experience providing engineering expertise and advice to plant facilities teams for CI projects.- Effective communication and coordination of multicultural and global teams and suppliers.- Requires frequent and extensive global travel for on-site project management for extended periods at many global sites.- Budgeting and spending management/oversight for medium to large (