FBI Electronic Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
NEK Services, Inc. is currently seeking an Electronic Technician who will lead, manage and provide overall systems expertise (including maintenance and repair), training and deployable expertise to the FBI-CMAU programnnCubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Installation, maintenance, and repair of two-way radios, radio base stations, microwave and satellite systems and all associated antennas.
* Installation and repair of portable, mobile, and/or fixed station communications systems.
* Repair or replacement of defective parts to maintain equipment reliability (purchase of replacement parts is the client s responsibility).
* Calibrates, maintains, and repairs test instruments in order to assure accurate problem diagnosis.
* Periodic functional/operational testing of International Maritime Satellite (INMARSAT), and Ultra High Frequency Satellite Communications (UHF-SATCOM) satellite equipment, measurement of frequencies, solves interface and interference problems.
* Locates malfunctions in equipment and selects methods and tools for repair.
* Participates in planning and inspecting new installations, including conducting site surveys.
* Participates in installation and integration of communication equipment, accessories, and systems.
* Conducts inspections to verify operational condition of all radio equipment, including tower mounted equipment.
* Will be required to drive government vehicles as directed by employer.
* Shall be familiar with the following equipment/systems/applications; AN/PRC-117F/G, UHF-SATCOM radios; AN/PRC-150 Tactical & Commercial High Frequency (HF) ALE radios; Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) & International Maritime Satellite (INMARSAT) systems; STE s; Video Teleconferencing (VTC); Fiber Optics; Routers; Networks; Antennas; XTS-3000/5000 Handheld radios; COMSEC (includes operation of the Electronic Key Materials System (EKMS)).
* Coordinate with various military and federal agencies.
* Coordinate upcoming events.
* Attend exercise planning conferences as required.
* Attend meeting with DOD and other agencies.
* Ensure crypto change-over is accomplished.
* Attend telecommunications related conferences/meetings as required.
* Assist in maintaining all software in laptops and radios assigned.
* Perform basic Vehicle maintenance
* Assist in the accountability of equipment.
* Conduct any required personal training as defined by Bureau headquarters.
* Conduct annual training as directed.
* Assist in the upgrade of equipment software if applicable.
* Maintain record of all personal training.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be able to obtain a Current Top Secret clearance, or interim clearance at contract performance start date, with the ability to attain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access and pass a Counter-Intelligence (CI) polygraph.
* Valid state motor vehicle operators permit
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Ten (10) years experience installing, deploying, and maintaining various types of communications equipment and antennas.
* Ten (10) years telecommunications experience.
* Ability to carry communications equipment up to 70lbs.
* Must be a self starter capable of working alone.
* Experience with DOD and/or other government agencies communications planning.
* Experience as a military telecommunications operator/maintainer and/or electronic technician.
* Extensive participation in joint operations and/or federal law enforcement operations.
* Demonstrated experience with the operational procedures used for Tactical Operation Centers (TOC) or equivalent operational centers.