FEP Clinical Pharmacist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Reach, resolve, and prevent medication-related problems for targeted FEP members that are referred by Case Managers, and Health Coaches, or identified through pharmacy claims system. Work collaboratively with FEP Health Management, FEP members and their physicians, if requested by the members, to provide comprehensive medication review, and medication adherence appropriateness.
* Reach and provide interventions to identified and referred FEP members by phone.
* Evaluate medication related problems such as adverse events, therapeutic duplication, adherence to therapy, polypharmacy, and untreated disease or conditions.
* Analyze, document, and report member outreach and intervention performance results relative to reporting requirements throughout the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program.
* Provide education and training on the appropriate use of medications and monitoring, and evaluating patient s response to therapy.
* Document all interventions via a medication related action plan or care plan (CP). The care plan is the course of action to achieve the specified health goals.
* Support and resolve pharmacy related member specific benefit issues
* Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization Review program protocols
* Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
* Utilize client formulary information and member specific benefits to guide appropriate medication recommendations
* Be aware of current and emerging clinical trends and educate clinical team, physicians and other prescribers
* Actively participate in Case Management team meetings to improve clinical programs, enhance processes, and share clinical information
* Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) with 3+ years of experience in managed care pharmacy collaborating with physicians and other prescribers on medication management and improving outcomes
* Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge
* Extensive command of specialty practice, including diseases, published literature and medication therapies for specific patient populations
* Licensed Pharmacist - NC Board of Pharmacy
* Excellent interpersonal, consultative, and problem solving skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills including Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.