FID Treasury Product Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID:
FID TREASURY PRODUCT CONTROLLER
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through:
* Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis.
* The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios.
* Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
* The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external stakeholders and other relevant internal constituents.
This role supports the EMEA repo business in a line controller capacity.
The role involves:
DAILY PRODUCTION - Member of a team responsible for daily P&L production, which includes FOBO reconciliations, P&L Validation and Analysis, Attribution and Commentary. In this capacity, the controller will work closely with Business and Valuation Control, Trade Support, Operations, Financial Accounting, Ops Risk Mgmt, Audit and the Front Office.
MONTHLY & QUARTERLY PRODUCTION - Member of a team responsible for performing month end and quarter end production tasks, including Account Ownership, Book Management, Fair Value Levelling, carrying out month end cut off controls, Provisions booking and reconciliation between Provisions Database and the GL. The role will also manage ad hoc queries on the Legal Entity and Regulatory Reporting issues. The controller will work independently on moderate complexity tasks with deliverables and schedules set by others. Where appropriate, the controller will ensure that work carried out under Service Level Agreements, including hand-offs with other groups, is clearly understood and issues promptly escalated via local line management.
* Product Controllers must be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a secure control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They must also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
* BA or higher in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
* 2-4 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience; exposure to the aforementioned products would be an advantage.
* PC skills including Excel (mandatory), PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
* Team player, proactive, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.