FL Traffic Reporter, TWC News - Rochester
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Part Time
Reports live on TWC News on traffic and travel conditions in reports filed separately for Rochester and for Buffalo. Responsible for monitoring traffic and travel conditions on various sources to update copy for reports and graphics in each market simultaneously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Prepares and voices traffic reports in afternoon drive and sometimes also in morning drive.
* Exercises strong news judgment.
* Gathers and verifies factual information for reporting through interview, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines emphasis, and completes report according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Develops sources and contacts as needed.
* Makes decisive and accurate judgments for story and personal safety.
* Produces updated station-branded social media posts regarding updated traffic conditions
* Strong knowledge of Buffalo and Rochester area roadways REQUIRED.
* Other Duties as Assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Journalism/Communication/English or relevant experience preferred. Experience: Previous on-air experience as a traffic reporter preferred.
Must be flexible and able to work split shift schedule as assigned.
Fast-paced environment requiring flexibility, immediate and appropriate responses and swift judgment.
Stressful environment requiring strong people skills, patience and sensitivity.
Creative entrepreneurial environment that attracts talented people requiring the ability to listen, follow instructions, identify and meet their needs and take constructive criticism.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 1811
Controlling Establishment ID: 00130 - Rochester Mount Hope Ave
Job Code: TWCNJR160 Videojournalist Nonexempt