(FLCCA) Senior Manager of School Academics 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(FLCCA) Senior Manager of School Academics
Director, Academics INSPIRE THE FUTURE! K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Director, Academics is responsible for driving academic excellence through data driven instruction and innovative solutions for our students. This role leads a team of academic administrators directing all educational, administrative and counseling activities for students in grades K-12.
AS A DIRECTOR, ACADEMICS, YOU WILL...
* Develop and implement educational policies and programs, ensuring that they are carried out appropriately by all students, parents, and staff;
* Develop and oversee implementation of the Academic and School Improvement Plan;
* Ensure conformance of educational programs to state and local school board standards through evaluation, development and coordination activities, including laws pertaining to special education;
* Develop and implement programs to ensure data is being used to drive academic decisions and is effectively analyzed to drive instructional practices across all grade levels and content areas;
* Research and implement non-K12 curriculum resources that meet state standards;
* Ensure teaching staff utilizes the K12 curriculum, effective assessments, and targeted instruction to meet the individual needs of each student;
* Identify and utilize communication technologies and practices that most effectively support a predominantly virtual / remote work environment;
* Manage leadership staff and department academic administrators/principals and develop effective staff members through an ongoing evaluation process and professional development;
* Help articulate the school s mission and vision with the aim of ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding and are positioned to work cooperatively in order to achieve desired results;
* Work closely with the HOS on establishing strong relationships with schools boards and partners;
* Support HOS in effective and efficient budget management;
* Collaborate with Student Services teams, including Operations and Family Academic Support Team (FAST), to improve systems and processes that serve the school;
* Collaborate with K12 School Services teams teams to ensure school programs are in alignment with authorizing agency requirements;
* Create and foster a positive school culture by involving school staff, community leaders, students and parents.
* Requisition and allocate supplies, equipment, and instructional material as needed;
* Actively participate in all school leadership team meetings.
* Directly supervise 5 - 10 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Get to know FLCCA!
* Florida Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s Degree in Education AND
* Eight (8) years of educational leadership/principal experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* State Specific Administrative License/Certificate
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 20% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend