This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in Company shops or on public roadways as necessary. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Diagnose electrical problems and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks and heavy construction equipment Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
* Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
* Perform routine brake inspections/ adjustments on commercial vehicles following Federal DOT requirements.
* Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
* Coordinate with location supervisor and review Pre-Trip truck inspections to prioritize work accordingly
* Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program
* Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices
* Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
* Order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts when needed.
* Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
* May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment
* Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Mechanical Experience
* Must have own tools up to 1
* Be able to read, write, and speak English
* High School diploma, preferred
* Bilingual a plus
* Ensure Safety
* Focus on Customers
* Pursue Excellence
* Work as One CEMEX
* Act with Integrity
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
* Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
* Exerting 50 - 100 pounds of force occasionally
* Exerting 25 50 pounds of force frequently
* Exerting 10 20 pounds of force continually
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
* Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
* Must pass physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
* Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
* Must wear protective equipment while on the job