FLOOR TECHNICIAN I 9/9/2016
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Floor Technician I must be able to perform the following duties. Duties may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignment. Physical scrubbing of baseboards, corners, etc. Perform sweeping and mopping hard floors; vacuum carpeted floors. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ensure it functions properly. Promptly report worn or broken equipment to supervisor. Keep storage/janitorial closets orderly. Attend in-service training as required. Participate in safety meetings. Inform Supervisor or Project Manager of the need for supplies and equipment in a timely manner. Maintain compliance with required hard floors and carpet care training, including top scrubbing, stripping and waxing of various hard floor surfaces. Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following safety guidelines. Perform General Custodian duties when assigned.
* Must have one (1) year of floor care experience or be able to pass the GCE Floor Care Certification Training within their first 90 days.
* Must be able to follow multi-step directions.
* Must be able to interact appropriately with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings.
* Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job..
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, and lift up to 40 pounds.
* Must to able to assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary and will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels or snow plows.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED